I learned today that the Community Development committee that we have been sent to may have a meeting coming up on July 31st, instead of some unknown time in September. The trick now is laying the groundwork for that to be a productive meeting, and not just another step in the long delay. If we can, we would like to attend this meeting to address any issues that might arise. Anything to keep this thing from getting stuck in the committee mud. We do not know if there is still a chance of beating the August recess that Common Council takes.
These wild mood swings are an interesting change of pace from the process prior to the last few weeks. For months it was nothing but waiting and waiting and the occasional morsel thrown down from City Hall. Now it’s either eager anticipation or the specter of racing the snow to get the roof done. Oi.